Thursday, September 20, 2012

Choc cherry trifles

I can't believe it's been almost a year since I posted anything on this blog. It's gone so quickly and a lot has happened and changed. I've still been baking as much as always but just haven't been making the time to get it online and I think it's time to start making an effort again (I know I've said that before, too so we'll see how I go!).

I've noticed recently that I'm posting a heap of photos on Facebook and Instagram of stuff that I've been baking and then getting requests from friends for the recipes. I love to share my recipes and that's why I started blogging about my cooking conquests so it's time to get back into it!

Last night I visited my dear friend Jess for dinner. One of the best things about being back home in Stawell is getting to catch up with my friends during the week again. I didn't realise just how much I'd missed seeing my girls during the week for dinner, a drink and a big chat. The therapeutic benefits of these little traditions cannot be underestimated! Anyway, we needed a quick dessert and this is what I came up with. It's a Christmas favourite of my Mum's originally but I've been using it a bit lately as a throw together dessert that looks fairly impressive, especially when you do individual serves like this!


CHOC CHERRY TRIFLES
1 store bought chocolate bar cake
1 tin of pitted cherries
1 small jar of cream
1 tub of store bought chocolate mousse or chocolate instant pudding
Plum, raspberry or strawberry jam
2 Cherry Ripes for garnish

This is so easy! You can do it as one big one in a bowl or as individual servings in glasses. Either way, the process is the same. Cut the cake into appropriate sized pieces for the bowl/glass you're working with and layer it around the sides. Spread the cake with your chosen jam. Place a layer of chocolate mousse or instant pudding on top, followed by the cherries and then the whipped cream. Finish it off with chopped Cherry Ripe. Pop them in the fridge until you're ready to serve them. I think if you can leave them overnight it's even better but we had them an hour or so later and they were still pretty good! Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment